Isaiah 58 – Currying the Favor of God
If we believe this passage is the Word of God, then what should be different about our lives?
1) We will reorient our thinking about spiritual acts and disciplines.
2) We will stop attempting to curry God’s favor by our acts of “righteousness.”
3) We will start living as He guides us and empowers us to live by His Spirit, according to His word just because.
4) We will live with the knowledge that God sees and knows all. We don’t have to announce to Him our good things, and we cannot hide from Him our faults.
5) We will trust Him to keep His promises.