Children’s Ministry at Hillcrest
Here at Hillcrest we have many opportunities for children of all ages to hear the gospel, learn more about Scripture and grow in Christ in a fun and safe environment.
- Nursery: Newborn through 2 years old – offered during 8:15am and 11am Sunday services, as well as during 9:45am Sunday school. We use Kidcheck to securely check in every child 0 – kindergarten into our nursery area. Visit Kidcheck to make Sunday morning check-in go quicker for you and your little one. Have questions? Check out the video on the kidcheck homepage.
- Sunday School: 9:45am (For preschool – 12th grade)
- Children’s Church: Offered during 11am service at the nursery station for children 3 years old through Kindergarten.
- Junior Church: Offered during the 11am service only in room 127 (Jr. High Room) for 1st grade through 5th grade.
- AWANA: Wednesdays during the school year from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. for 3yrs through 2nd grade (must be potty trained).
- Go: Wednesdays during the school year from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. for 3rd through 6th grade.
Plenty of activities await your youngster on Wednesday evenings with our AWANA & GO programs. Children are divided into 3 clubs: Cubbies for children three and four years old; Sparks for kindergarten through second grade and GO for third through sixth grade. AWANA teaches your child God’s Word through Bible verse memorization, Bible lessons and fun games.
- Vacation Bible School: One week of every summer. VBS is always a highlight of the summer for the young people in our community. Each summer, for one week, VBS teaches a Bible theme to the preschool through sixth grade children through a variety of activities that are both profitable and fun. Each day the children meet together to sing to the Lord and watch skits performed by our VBS volunteers. The children then break into groups for teaching, games, crafts and snacks. It’s a fun time for everyone! Be on the lookout for more information as the summer approaches.